Monday 22 September 2008

Goodbyes

So on the 17th September I said my goodbyes to the Africa Mercy. I was absolutely torn I can tell you. i have been stretched and challenged, laughed and cried, and experienced every emotional high and low I can possibly think of. Often times it can feel that these experiences have been more of a blessing to yourself than you blessing others, and this is no different. I wish I could share every single moment I have had with you, but I hope this blog has helped give you a bit of an insight into my beautiful world of the last 6 months. I will sorely miss everything, but mostly the sense of making a difference and being part of something out of this world, and not of my doing!
So to anyone who has prayed, thought about me, assisted financially, been on the ship or at home encouraging me, I thank you so much for being part of this amazing experience.
Many people have asked me 'what next?' Honestly right now I am not sure. I do know that Africa and nursing those in need have become even deeper set in my heart and I hope and pray it won't be long before I am 'living my dream' again. Watch this space!

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi Grace it's Hannah Wray! How are you? I hope you've had a lovely Christmas.

Your mum and dad are staying with us tonight and they've just shown us the DVD of your time on the Mercy Ship, which looked so amazing. I've read some of your blog posts and the things you and the rest of the team have done for all those men, women and children are just so fantastic.

I also think I spotted one of my friends from uni in one of the photos, her name is Sanna Aspray? She said she wasn't working on the ship but I don't know if she was maybe volunteering nearby. It might not have been her but it would be a coincidence if it was!

Anyway, I hope you're well and will hopefully get to see you in the New Year :)

Love, Hannah xxx

Yahya Snow said...

God bless